Does Duxbury DBT Support UEB (Unified English Braille)?
Yes, the current version of Duxbury Braille Translation software fully supports UEB for both Print-to-Braille and UEB Braille-to-Print.
While UEB is defined by the ICEB (The international Council of English Braille), individual national Braille Authorities may dictate formatting requirements and sometimes more. DBT handles UEB according to the dictates of all national and International Braille Authorities:
- DBT meets the requirement of BANA (the Braille Authority of North America) to support UEB with UEB math and also UEB with Nemeth math. DBT also handles the various formatting requirements set forth by BANA.
- DBT supports UEB and braille formatting as defined by UKAAF (United Kingdom Association of Accessible Formats, the successor to BAUK (Braille Authority of the UK).
- DBT supports UEB and braille formatting as defined for Australia.
- DBT supports UEB and braille formatting as defined for New Zealand.
- DBT supports UEB (and many African languages) and braille formatting as defined for South Africa.
- DBT supports the UEB Basic Template which is used in many other countries.
In addition, DBT includes graduated braille Learning Tables which progress from uncontracted to fully contracted braille according to multiple curricula as used in various countries.
Copyright Duxbury Systems, Inc. Thursday, July 27, 2023