Louis Braille and the Braille System
Duxbury DBT braille translation software.
- UEB Information from BANA
- UEB Information from the International Council on English Braille
- Adapting Unified English Braille (UEB) for Languages Other than English
UEB Braille Chart and Tactiles
- UEB Braille Chart available for download (pdf)
- Download files for tactile graph paper (using DBT)
- Download a graphics file for tactile alphabet cards
- Louis Braille and the Braille System (Duxbury Systems)
- History of Braille and the Early Education of the Blind (Duxbury Systems)
- Louis Braille information from the American Foundation for the Blind
- Early Braille Translators and Embossers
- Documents on Automated Braille Production
- Timeline for Duxbury Systems
YouTube Videos: North American Braille
Here are 7 short videos packed with information about Braille. They come from a YouTube channel called "InOneLesson".
- 1: How to Memorize 50 of the 64 Braille Cells
- 2: Numbers, Capital Letters and Italics
- 3: Punctuation Marks
- 4: The Words Represented by Braille Letters
- 5: Multi-Cell Contractions
- 6: Rules for Writing & Braille Memory Aides
- 7: How to Read Braille
North American Braille
- The Braille System
- Official Codebooks on North American Braille
- Publications about North American Braille from the BANA website
Braille Around the World
- British Braille Issues (UKAAF Publications List)
- French Braille
- World Braille Usage, 2013 (Perkins, and other contributors)
- Languages and Duxbury DBT Win 12.6 SR2: How DBT Supports the Languages of the World
Mathematics and Science Braille Systems
- Mathematics and Science Braille Systems from around the world
- Resources on Nemeth Braille from Susan Osterhaus
Papers by Joseph Sullivan, President of Duxbury Systems
- SGML, Braille and UBC March 1993
- "What the Future Holds for Braille," paper given at the Asian & Pacific Regional Seminar on Information Technology for Visually Impaired Persons, Hong Kong, China, December 1996.
- "A Perspective on Braille Unification," paper given at the 10th World Conference of the International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment, São Paulo, Brazil, August, 1997.
- "Braille Becomes Electric: The Trials and Triumphs of Braille Translation Software" paper published in the July 2009 issue of the AFB Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness
- "Unifying Braille: Louis Braille's Vision in Tomorrow's World," paper prepared for presentation at the Celebration of the Bicentenary of Louis Braille's birth at UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, January 2009.
- Adapting Unified English Braille (UEB) for Languages Other than English paper presented at the 6th Africa Forum, Kampala, Uganda, October 2015.
Copyright Duxbury Systems, Inc. Tuesday, May 30, 2023